This is one of my new favorite snacks! These little chickpea(aka garbonzo beans) snacks are healthy, tasty and easy peasy to make.
Roasted chickpeas, are a great source of protein, fiber, folate and manganese which are important for cell growth and development. Just toss the chickpeas in olive oil, add spices, bake and voila, they are done in 25 minutes!
There are also 4 flavor combos, So there is something for everyone here… you know me, I like to be accomindatingNot only is this snack easy to make but it stays crispy for a few days when stored in a resealable bag at room temperature.
- 2 15 oz cans Chickpeas
- 1 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Flavoring options: used on ¼ of chickpeas made, so adjust according to the amount you are making
- Turmeric Lime
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 1tbsp Lime
- ¼ tsp Ginger
- Honey and Cinnamon
- 1tbsp Honey
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Cracked Black Pepper and Salt
- ½ tsp Cracked Fresh Pepper (can add more or less depending on taste preference)
- ¼ tsp Fine sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Chili powder
- ¼ tsp Coriander
- Drain and Rinse Chickpeas
- Pat dry with a paper towel or clean towel
- Layer on baking sheet (on parchment paper or silicone baking mat or oiled)
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25-35 minutes until golden brown
- When golden brown, remove from oven and toss with Olive oil and sea salt
- Separate (if desired) and toss with desired flavor combinations.
Want my 7 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan?
Sign up here and you will get my Happy Eating, Healthy Living Guide + 7 day healthy, clean-eating meal plan.