“I received free samples of Sabra Hummus mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am
entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
Did you know that tonight (May 13, 2017) is National Hummus Day?!
I have said it before and I will say it again, I LOVE hummus! It’s so delicious, nutritious and versatile, I add it to everything, like my Quinoa Veggie Protein Power bowl and Hummus Crusted Chicken with Vegetables. Not only is hummus delicious, it’s also nutritious and a good source of many nutrients such as manganese, folate, fiber, phosphorus, and protein.
Recently, I was trying to come up with an appetizer to bring to a friends party and came up these simple and delicious Mediterrian flatbreads, that through together in under 10 minutes, and sliced into cute little triangles and brought to the party. And these little healthy, yummy Mediterranean flatbread bites (maybe I should change the name?!) were a big hit and have been moved to the top of my appetizer list for the future. So if you happen to be going anywhere tonight on National Hummus day, this will be the perfect bring-along!
And, I since I had a few left flatbread fixing, I made this for my kid’s lunch the next day, and they loved it! Also, I added some dill on a whim and it was a delicious addition, so I wrote Dill-optional in the recipe.
- 3 6 inch whole wheat Flatbread Pitas
- 1 cup Roasted Garlic Sabra hummus
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 2 cups spinach, chopped (to sprinkleable pieces)
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, halved (more if you love olives like I do)
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- (Optional: sprinkle with dried dill, for a delicious twist)
- Spread garlic hummus evenly on all 3 pitas
- Sprinkle with spinach, peppers, olives, feta cheese, and cucumber
- Use sharp knife or pizza round slicer to cup into triangle for serving